Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 7: Free day means beach day at Batu Ferringhi

~Sunday June 30, 2013~
Today was a do whatever kind of day and we did plenty of stuff. Have a look'se' down below! :) Our international buddies didn't really tell us what we were doing or what we were seeing. They just told us to meet back at a certain point at this time. So, sorry for my lack of my information, but I try to read anything in English and enjoy myself as I go on these walk-abouts of these places they take us...
* * *

~Burmese Buddhist Temple~
Another gorgeous temple. I'm not familiar with Buddhist religion, but the temples are very interesting to look at. I know some things about Buddhism, and I picked up this book called A Manual of Buddhism by Narada Thera at this temple to learn more. So I plan to read this book on my free time if I ever have free time on this trip.

There was this weird guy that approached me and told me an interesting fact about these Buddhas. The row of Buddhas are similar, but they are very distinct to each countries representations of the Buddha. The weird guy took a picture of me taking a picture of the Buddha....now somewhere an unwanted photo taken of me is somewhere on the cyber world... -.- 
 photo burmese_zps616e0f58.jpg
 photo burmese1_zps66378b52.jpg  photo burmese2_zpseaab9a52.jpg  photo burmese3_zps9910dc80.jpg
 photo burmese4_zpsfdef85c2.jpg
* * *

~Thai Buddhist Temple (Wat Chaiyamangalaram)~
This is home to the gigantic statue of the sleeping Buddha. These two temple were right across the street from each other and equal in beauty and magnificence. The best thing about these temple are that they don't charge for admission. It's a spectacle to behold and also quite peaceful and a time for reflection.
 photo thai_zps1503caff.jpg
 photo thai1_zps1d38594f.jpg
* * *

~Lunch at the Straits Quay~
The area was nice because it was right by the water, but this was a more Western shopping and dining area full of tourists. It was kind of pricey here and there's a lot of upper class Chinese people here, not the usual Malay people of Indian, Muslims, and regular folks  I would see around USM and Penang. 

This fruit dessert was the best thing I ever ate. It was so cold and refreshing. As you all know, I love fruits.

Watermelon grass jelly and sweet and sour fish!
 photo straitquay_zps1bb4b140.jpg
 photo straitquay1_zps48ba4ca1.jpg 
 * * *

~Beach/flying/dinner at Batu Ferringhi~
Malaysia is extremely hot. You sweat everywhere you go, there's no avoiding it. Going to the beach is extremely hot as well; even more so than Florida beaches. My boyfriend told me to try and do everything you can do because it's cheap here. My friends and I decided to go para-sailing and rafting on the beach which was pulled by a jet ski. The rafting was intense because it was so fast and bumpy. It was crazy! I wanted to go on it again. I had so much fun! I don't know how much it would cost in the US, but for both  of those water activities it cost RM$90 which would be US$30. WHAT?! What a deal and a steal! 
 photo batu1_zps7d83699f.jpg  photo batu2_zps557d6aaf.jpg  photo batu3_zps4be2fd0b.jpg
As you can see here, she tried to break my bones. HEHEHE. She landed on top of me. Our graceful descent to land was anything, but. 
 photo batu4_zps706e3115.jpg  photo batu_zpsf1398800.jpg
Pattaya Thai fried rice