Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 26 & 27: Anah Rais Longhouse

~Friday July 19 and Saturday July 20, 2013~

~First Day~
I didn't know what to expect at this Longhouse. I knew it was going to be a cultural activity of this trip. I was a little hesitant about this overstay. Of course living in America it's different and  living in a Longhouse village was so different from what I was use to. I was able to adapt to living in the dorms of Penang and Kuching. Luckily, I held my head high and was able to live comfortably and situate myself in the Longhouse. I was pleasantly surprised at the natural surroundings! I think I was uncomfortable of staying at the Longhouse because we would be in a small area with 14 kids. 

On our first day here we hiked to the hot springs, ate good food, had a little fun with their cultural dances. 
 photo day2627c_zps2b0a7bf6.jpg  photo day2627_zps2fb56a07.jpg  photo day2627a_zps61b830fc.jpg
* * *
~Second Day~
On the second day half of us decided to go on an actual hike through the jungle. Today we were to visit the waterfall. Hiking to the waterfall is approximately 2 hours. I was one of the few who hiked. The hike wasn't bad either. It was so much fun! The lazy bums who didn't hike took the van to the waterfall, and the even the weirder (maybe lazier) people took the van up there, but didn't step a foot out of the van. I thought that it's weird. Why not do everything you can while you're in Malaysia? I don't know why they didn't want to see a waterfall. 

The waterfall was so refreshing, but so cold! It was an amazing experience and always hike up to the waterfall if you can! Dr. Azizan pulled me into the waterfall. Hehehe! Rambo was our amazing tour guide! photo day2627b_zpsc7be369a.jpg