Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 6: Fruit farm, temples, Penang Hill

~Saturday June 29, 2013~

~Tropical Fruit Farm~
Another bright and early morning. This was a long bus ride to the very top of the mountain. I wasn't really sure what to expect at a fruit farm. All I knew was that it was going to be sooo hot. However, I was mildly surprised at how much I enjoyed the Tropical Fruit Farm. As you all should know (teehee), I love eating fruits! So the fruit eating filled morning made up for the sun, but it was quite breezy up on top of the mountain. 

We had the best tour guide who let us try all the fruits off the trees and plants. I loved it. If you ever visit there make sure you eat the rose apple, it's like eating a sweet apple with the scent of a rose perfume. We were also provided with a fruit buffet and shake smoothies. I enjoyed this place so much! Check it out here!
 photo fruitfarm1_zps1bc21952.jpg
 photo fruitfarm2_zps9ec83cb2.jpg  photo fruitfarm3_zpsd8898b1f.jpg  photo fruitfarm4_zps85841863.jpg 
 * * *

~Penang Hill Climb~
We took a little trolley/bus that drives up the slope of the Penang Hill and it was very high up. The view was incredible and the breeze was great too! Multiple times on this trip I'm on top of the world. Teehee!
 photo penanghill_zpse193ffb3.jpg
* * *

~Kek Lok Si Temple~
Unfortunately, we had little time to explore to explore this Chinese temple due to the insufficient timing. I did my best to explore as much as I can in 1.5 hours. In Malaysia there's so many stair cases and steps...so I did a lot of climbing to get to places. If you ever travel make sure you have the ENERGY!

It was a beautiful temple and so color too. The temples in Malaysia, which they're everywhere, are so colorful and so well preserved!
 photo kekloksi1_zps1809d69d.jpg
 photo kekloksi2_zps80a9792d.jpg  photo kekloksi3_zps6f7da820.jpg 
 * * * 

~Georgetown/Festival of Lights~
We decided not to waste the night and I went a different route. I usually spend my exploration with the 3 friends I hang out, but I decided to hang out with the other USF study abroad students. Georgetown is a popular area and they're hosting nightly festivals of different events this summer. This night was the festival of lights and it was heavily focused on the Chinese of Georgetown. We got there late so we saw a  few things such as Chinese drum and dragon performers and enjoyed some street food. I ate some sort of rice flour dish.

It was also Javaris's 21st birthday so we celebrated his birthday too! 
 photo festoflights1_zpsa4047c40.jpg  photo festoflights2_zps66cca818.jpg  photo festoflights3_zpsfe77c122.jpg